April 1st, 2023 – Joe Massey
I’ve created this Denver Investment Property Spreadsheet to help you quickly and easily analyze your rental properties. I created this spreadsheet more than a decade ago and it has gone through a number of improvements and iterations over the years. This latest version was a collaboration with our good friend James Orr from RealEstateFinancialPlanner.com. We worked together to create this spreadsheet to help investors, house-hackers and primary resident buyers find the “perfect property” and ensure that these are good properties that they want to add to their real estate portfolio.
There are lots of investment calculators and programs out there, but this spreadsheet is FREE, easy to use and you likely already have Excel or Google Sheets on your computer, so there is no additional software to buy!
I encourage you to download the spreadsheet and begin using it immediately to analyze properties and see if you’re getting a good deal.
I’ve designed this spreadsheet to help you analyze two types of investment properties:
- -Investment Properties
- -Primary Residence Properties which will be “House Hacked” or lived in for a minimum of 12 months and then converted to a Rental Property
The tutorial video below will show you how you can analyze your property by completing only 22 fields. The first time you analyze a property, it might take you as much as 10-15 minutes to complete the analysis. Once you practice a few times and get comfortable with the inputs and the data, you’ll be able to analyze properties in 5 minutes or less!
This training video will take you through all of the steps to start analyzing properties. Including each of the following topics:
- -Inputs – How to input the data for your property
- -Cash-Flow Results – Where will the property be in 1 year?
- -Long-Term Analysis – Where will you be in 5 years, 10 years or even 30 years?
- -Long-Term with Cash Flow Applied to Principal – How quickly will the property be paid off without any additional investment from you?
- -Quick Results Dashboard – This has been added in version 7.0 and will give you a real-time analysis of your ROIQ as well as a long-term analysis of ROIQ, Cash-Flow and Payoff date
The video is a deep dive in to the spreadsheet and can take some time to watch and absorb. With your time commitment to learning and understanding the analysis, you will be able to quickly and easily analyze properties in the future.
Would you like this spreadsheet customized so you can share it with your clients?
We would be happy to co-brand this with you. Here’s all you need to do:
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your contact info that you want on the spreadsheet along with your logo. We’ll customize the sheet with all of your info and send back to you so you can start analyzing properties and sharing with your clients.